Air source heat pumps
Duchy Eco Heating specialise in the installation of Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP for space and water heating and Solar Thermodynamics (for hot water production)
What is an air source heat pump?
An Air source heat pump absorb latent heat from the air around it. This energy can then be used to heat your home. Even outside air temperatures below freezing are full of energy and can be used to provide efficient heating in your home or office by either wall mounting or floor mounting units.
Air source heat pumps are very flexible as to the location in which they can be installed. They are often retro fitted, or installed as part of a new build project and we provide a free site survey service – please contact us to arrange an appointment.
An air source pump works using a similar principle to that of a refrigerator but in reverse. Heat is absorbed from the outside air down to minus 2 degrees This heat is then processed by the refrigeration system, which results in a higher temperature heat capable of heating your home with warm purified air that is kept at a constant temperature and can be programmed as you would for a central heating system.
An Air source heat pump has an efficiency of up to 400%, meaning that for every 1kw of electricity used to power the system 4kw of heat energy is produced ( in real terms this amounts to 400% efficiency) which means that the running costs are extremely low indeed by comparison, some gas condensing boilers have an efficiency rating of around 90%; older non condensing boilers can be as low as 65% meaning that by using an air source heat pump you will be saving money and saving energy
Features and benefits at a glance:
- As the air is pure, it can help with any breathing problems and allergies such as Asthma, Hay fever etc.
- This pure air is re-circulated and collects all the dust, pollen and dampness in the atmosphere.
- This means that it also acts as dehumidifier and a small drip tray is situated inside the unit which will need emptying every week or so dependent of the amount of damp in the property or the pipe can be fitted outside.
- As well as controllable instant heating, you can also reverse the air source heat pump for cooling.
- The timer can be set exactly the same as all other heating systems (please see video below) so it can come on in the mornings and evenings for an hour on whichever days of the week you require or you can set it to come on when the temperature drops below your comfort level (normally 20 degrees for most people).
- The air source heat pump distributes air evenly and circulates around the house.
The Daikin Altherma High Temperature (HT) air to water heat pump is able to produce a water flow temperature of 80°C for central heating without using an additional electric heater. It is an ideal heat pump solution for boilerreplacement and refurbishment applications. For existing heating systems, there is no need to change the radiators as Daikin Altherma HT can connect to standard high temperature radiators.
The Daikin Altherma HT ranges from nominal outputs 11kW to 16kW. This heat pump offers an ideal low-hassle solution for off-gas grid properties when replacing the old heating appliance.
Daikin Altherma HT is designed to meet all the heating and domestic hot water requirements right through the year, even on the coldest days. The heat pump will operate down to temperatures as low as -25°C. With a fully integrated control system, Daikin Altherma will provide consistent comfort at optimum efficiency. The domestic hot water cylinder is designed to sit on top of the indoor unit, saving valuable space, as well as providing a stylish finish. As the heat pump can heat the domestic hot water cylinder up to 75°C, Daikin Altherma HT is suitable for those homes where high volumes of domestic hot water are required.
Daikin Altherma HT is a split refrigerant system. This allows siting flexibility as the outdoor unit can be located up to 50 metres away from the indoor unit. All key hydraulic components are built-in the indoor unit, e.g. circulation pump and expansion vessel for a quicker installation. The units offer guaranteed capacity at A-20°C W80°C.
Ideal boiler replacement for off gas grid properties or larger new builds with high hot water demand
- Reduced VAT of 5% for domestic retrofit installations
- Low running costs and low maintenance
- Up to 50% reduction in CO2 emissions
- No groundwork i.e. trenches or boreholes
- No gas supply, flues or ventilation required
- No fuel storage tanks required
- Weather compensation built in as standard
- Daikin Inverter compressor technology